2O9hj-xqNOa3bdaSOyf8axH6Qp0 Mommy Mayonnaise: Oprah Winfrey is here

Aug 11, 2010

Oprah Winfrey is here

How is your Wednesday there, my friends? Glad to see you back today with Wednesday Wickedness. The famous people for today's entry is Oprah Winfrey. Are you a fan of her? Well, I'm her fan and I love to read all her quotes.
1. “I don't think you ever stop giving. I really don't. I think it's an on-going process. And it's not just about being able to write a check. It's being able to touch somebody's life.”
What was the last thing that you did to help somebody’s life?
I never did something huge like Oprah yet. That’s for sure :) But I’m a regular blood donor every 6 months. I did this not only because I hope my blood will be useful to help somebody one day. But I also did it for my own healthiness.

2. “Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.”
How long have you ever held your breath?
I can’t hold it for more than 2 minutes. Is it bad?

3. “As you become more clear about who you really are, you'll be better able to decide what is best for you - the first time around.”
At what point do you think that you really decided who your were?
Right after I delivered my baby girl. I realize that I am a mom and I love being a mom.

4. “The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.”
At what time of the year do you think you celebrate your life the most?
Every moment I spend my time with my family is a life celebration for me. I thank God for whatever I have right now and every breath I take is a celebration of life.

5. “So go ahead. Fall down. The world looks different from the ground.” 
Are there times when you thought you had fallen down and learned something about yourself?
So many times in my life I felt down but as you say above I can always find something new to learn about life and about yourself. Its okay to fall down since it’s also so human.

6. “Devote today to something so daring even you can’t believe you’re doing it.”
What was the last thing you did where you thought that you could not believe in what you were doing?
You can consider my life as a boring life (lol) but to be honest I’ve never had guts to do thing that I can’t do for sure. If I think its something that too big or too hard for me to do, then I won’t do it. And I love life with less adventure I suppose.

7. “Where there is no struggle, there is no strength.”
Do you think that you must struggle to become strong?
I believe that you will be stronger every time you get up after felt down. Life experiences also teach you to be stronger. So yes, you must struggle to be strong. It’s not something that you can get just like that or something that arrived in to your lap without you even noticed.

8. “Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.”
Do you feel that life’s experiences always prepare you for what there is to come?
Totally agree! Everything I’ve learn in the previous step always help me to face the next one.

9. “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.”
Can only a rich person feel this way? What do you think Oprah means by this?
Every one can live the life of their dreams. It’s not always about good and chattel, people. There are so many people out there who able fulfill their life of their dreams just because they already have 3 amazing kids in their home or being able to stand on top of Mount Everest or stuff like that. While in the other side, so many rich people that feel lonely and devastating in their luxury homes even with 24 hours a day and 7 days a week continuous party and the lack of sincere friends who love them for what they are and not for their money.

10. “I do not believe in failure. It is not failure if you enjoyed the process.”
Do you believe in failure?
I believe failure as a delayed success. It means that you must equip yourself better to gain the real success. And whatever you learn from that failure will be useful to gain success in the future.

2 comments:

  1. I can learn a lot from her quotes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answers!! I loved all of them especially #10.
    Have a great Wednesday!!!

    ReplyDelete

I prefer English comments here.
Be nice and keep on topic, okay ^^
Thanks a lot

Come and visit my other blog:
Female Stuffs
~Serendipity~

 

Mommy Mayonnaise | Serendipity | Mirror On The WallCerita Film