2O9hj-xqNOa3bdaSOyf8axH6Qp0 Mommy Mayonnaise: Phil Jackson Got Quotes

Jun 2, 2010

Phil Jackson Got Quotes

Today, I want to join a Wednesday meme from Janera. Unlike any other meme I’ve ever found, this one got something to think about and not just post a picture or photo (I don’t like picture meme *grin). This meme got some questions (made by Janera) based on quotes of some famous people. And today, we pick Phil Jackson who is a former American professional basketball player and the current coast of Los Angeles Lakers. Ready? Okay, let’s start it!
1. "Always keep an open mind and a compassionate heart.” 
Do you ALWAYS keep an open mind?
I try to always have an open mind as best as I could. It helps me face this world in a positive way.

2. “Wisdom is always an overmatch for strength.” 
Who is the wisest person you know? Who is the strongest?
Well, I think the wisest and strongest person I know (of course) is either my father or mother ((lol)) Both of them has successfully shape me of what I am today.

3. "Yes, victory is sweet, but it doesn't necessarily make life any easier the next season or even the next day."  
Do you think a successful day at your job makes the next day better or not?
I'm a stay at home mother so I'm dealing with my daily activities in a particular way. And yes, indeed. I think today's success (in whatever I do) is going to affect my next day somehow. At least, it's going to affect my mood, right?

4. "...True joy comes from being fully present in each and every moment, not just when things are going your way." 
How would we tell by your behavior if you are having a bad day?
In my bad days, I tend to get mad and mad all the time.. So, you'd better stay away from me ((lol)). But, it only happens for a while genuinely.

5. "I gave it my body and mind, but I have kept my soul." 
Do you have days when you feel you gave it your all, but may have compromised your values?
I don't think so. I would never compromise any of my values.

6. "Your problems never cease. They just change." 
What do you feel is your biggest problem at the moment?
I don't have the biggest problem (for now) since I only face some ordinary problems I suppose. Nothing's special ((grin)).

7. "My dad always had this little sign on his desk: "The bigger your head is, the easier your shoes are to fill." He really drilled that in." 
Does your ego sometimes get in your way?
Sometimes, I do. I believe everyone got ego in their way at least a few times in their lives. Do you?

8. "There is a saying that I love...It says: "There are no Zen masters, there's only Zen." "Zen master" is a contradiction in terms. You don't master Zen."
Do you believe in Zen? If yes, can it be mastered?
Yes, I believe in enlightenment but I don't think that anyone will ever be a Zen master itself. Its something you need to learn by doing as long as you live and breath.

9. "You can not teach competitiveness."
Do you believe you could teach someone, like your child, to be competitive?
Competitiveness is one of few ways in this life to make your life brighter, I guess. And its something that people should learn about. And I will also try to teach my kids about that. But it doesn't mean that you let it control your life and make everything in life as a competition. It will be a disaster.

10. "Home is where the heart is, right?” 
Obviously Phil didn't originate this quote. He said it when asked if he'd retire after this season.
Do you believe home is not a place but rather a state of mind?
In my opinion, home is wherever I can get together with my family (husband and kids). It doesn't have to be a house; of course it can be a state of mine also.

 


3 comments:

  1. Great comments to the ten questions.
    Liked them very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right about compromising values.
    Have a great day!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/06/can-illiterate-people-really-write/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answers. You sound like a very sweet, positive person. Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete

I prefer English comments here.
Be nice and keep on topic, okay ^^
Thanks a lot

Come and visit my other blog:
Female Stuffs
~Serendipity~

 

Mommy Mayonnaise | Serendipity | Mirror On The WallCerita Film